Friday, October 28, 2011

SILVER BRITCHES

I was recently made aware of the wonderful blog Back Down South. It has very much reminded me of one of the things I miss most about being away from the south in the fall: the tradition of dressing up on a Saturday afternoon. My wife and I met at the University of Georgia, where gameday is a sacred event and I used to love seeing her put on a little dress and fix herself up and then go scream at the top of her lungs for her Junkyard Dawgs.

I was discussing this fact with a friend up here as we looked at images of a swarm of fans heading into a game decked out in jerseys and face paint. "You seriously mean women wear dresses and men wear a shirt and tie? To a football game? that is absurd."

Well, call me absurd then, because I love it. I love seeing the women having their own little fashion competition (don't deny it, you know you do) and I love seeing the men dressed like they're headed to a cocktail party take a detour because they smelled that BBQ that had been in the smoker all night and ended up staying all day, drink in hand.

Speaking of cocktail parties, There's a big one this weekend. Hopefully Georgia can put one in the win column. All I know is win or lose there will be some good looking, well dressed bulldogs down there.

Go Dawgs! Sic 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment